Tales of a Psychology Major

Monday, June 13, 2005

Why I Need Therapy

This class is going to be the death of me, I swear to god.
I've been mulling over the class discussion in my head for the past hour and a half, and I almost want to explode.
The underlying idea is that females have a finite number of chances to reproduce, thus any trait that ensures the survival of their offspring could very well be the product of a sort of psychological evolution.
Somehow the conversation started in on relationships. To a woman, the thought of her significant other falling in love with another woman is far worse than having unattached, emotionless sex with her. To a man, his significant other falling in love with someone else is not nearly as bad as her having sex with him.
So basically what it boils down to is the idea that women freak out if men fall in love with someone else, and men freak out if women bump uglies with someone else.
This is a seriously disturbing idea to me, because I think it might actually be true.
That was a rough class.
In my mind, there was my significant other. Sweet talking the life sized version of bleach blonde bimbo Barbie. By the time the class ended, I thought my head was going to explode. I'm not entirely sure who exactly she is, but rest assured, someday I will find this girl. And although nothing happened, and this is all my over active imagination, I fully plan on smacking her upside the head.

I'd rather not have to think about these things all the time.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home